The Fulfillment Value Chain
ProPack receives individual boxes and pallets from major carriers as well as containerized
freight. All inbound shipments are signed into ProPack’s receiving system. At the
end of each day an email notification is sent to the client outlining all receiving
activity for that day.
- Receive Boxes, Pallets and Containers
- Record shipper, tracking number and weight for each received shipment
- Client notified of daily received shipments via nightly emails
- All receipt information viewable online via P3PL
ProPack receipts, or inputs, all products into inventory via a batch system that
tracks both the batch details and individual inventory items. Clients receive an
email when a batch of inventory is inputted into P3PL and have access to all inventory
batch related information online.
- All inventory input done via batches
- Client notified via email for each completed batch
- Batch and line item details available online
ProPack maintains an accurate and real-time inventory for all fulfillment accounts.
Inventory is added to, adjusted or transferred via ProPack’s batch inventory tool.
Items are deducted from inventory when orders are shipped from ProPack. Every inventory
item contains its own product history and all aspects of a client’s inventory are
made available online.
- Adjustments and moves made via batch tool
- Client notified via email for each batch
- Cycle counts
- Inventory trouble shooting
ProPack provides six different forms of order entry which allow clients to input
their orders into P3PL. These range from manually inputting the order online to
configuring the client’s website to communicate order information with ProPack directly
and in real-time. Further detailed documentation is available upon request.
ProPack maintains a 1:00 PM cutoff time for inbound orders. All orders received
prior to the cutoff generally ship out same day. Orders arriving after the cutoff
will be shipped if time allows with priority given to air shipments.
Order Entry Methods
- Online entry via P3PL
- Email a preformatted Excel file to the Email Robot
- The QuickBooks-P3PL Interface
- Utilizing Web-to-Web between the Client website and P3PL
For shipping small packages, ProPack partners with UPS, FedEx and US Mail. Clients
have the advantage of capitalizing on ProPack’s volume pricing and preferred status
Client charges are accrued in real-time and referenced to the receipt, transaction,
order, or shipment in which the charge was generated. Clients can view their rates
contract, query their current charges, or run charge reports online using P3PL.